This is an endless article containing my favourite tips about monkey2.
- Use Tab or mouse-click to choose template from completion list.
- You can add/remove your own templates in Preferences — CodeTemplates section.
- Templates showing in completion even for ‘unknown’ vars (local variables).
- We can specify ‘where’ to show templates by adding dot-prefixes:
- Without dots – shows only for single idents like abc
- Single dot
.– shows for any idents: single like
abc; and dot-separated like
..– shows only for dot-separated idents like
- Dots are used just for definition not for typing in code.
Since version 2.7 you can use files filtering in project tree. (earlier versions also have filtering but work incorrect in some cases)
Ted2Go read filtering rules from project.json file, placed in root project folder.
Each project with own project.json.
To use filtering, create this file yourself.
There is an exclude string-array item representing filtering rules.
Let’s cover what’s new in our best ide for monkey2. 🙂
Binaries are here: https://nerobot.itch.io/ted2go
* DoubleClick on INS in status bar to change mode;
* Double clicking on the line number in status bar – open goto line dialog;
* Insert lambda – spaces in breckets if w/o params;
* SaveState when open/close file or project;
* Add Monkey2 root path into prefs;
* Close completion if typed not ident char;
* Add keywords for *.glsl.
* Completion list is above the line if editor toolbar is hidden;
* Custom font doesn’t take theme scale factor;
* Mouse wheel event on text fields inside of Prefs dialog crashes app;
* Auto-insert: add space before ‘Override’;
* Incorrect numpad digits;
* Sources tree – sorting is broken. recompiling fix that – magic;
* Go to declaration by the only F1 press;
* Comments by Ctrl+’ add two ‘ at the end line.
Yippee! 🙂 Big release is here.
Let’s look what’s new:
New feature in Ted2Go IDE.
So let’s look how it works on an example. Demo code:
Selected text is exactly what we gonna copy to clipboard.