Let’s cover what’s new in our best ide for monkey2. 🙂
- Added jumping to extensions members by F2/F12 (work best with ‘Self’ keyword).
- Now don’t flush selection for comment/uncomment block, but select all lines in block.
- Added changing text-cursor for ‘overwrite’ mode (block / beam).
- And now each document has its own overwrite mode state.
- Now mouse-cursor is ‘beam’ inside of code view.
- Changed shortcuts for navigate next / prev: Alt+Left, Alt+Right —> Alt+Ctrl+Left, Alt+Ctrl+Right. It should fix shortcuts for macos.
- Now cursor moved to screen center when jump to line.
- Now show extensions in SOURCE tree.
- Fixed tab size for whitespaces marks.
- Added option to auto-pair quotes and brackets (Prefs — Editor — Auto pair quotes and brackets). Enabled by default.
- Added option to surround selected text with “” ()  instead of replacing (Prefs — Editor — Surround selected text).
- Added ability to Comment / Uncomment selected block by pressing single-quote char. Previous shortcuts still are here.
- Added item “Goto declaration” into editor menu.
Project file browser
- Added ability to drop folder to the window to add it as a project.
- Added “Find…” action in right-click menu to searching in custom folders.
- Added support for opening scene documents (by Mark Sibly) – now you can explore 3d scenes right inside of IDE (formats: gltf, b3d, 3ds, obj, dae, fbx, blend, x).
- Added whole line item selection with ability to delete selected by Delete key.
- Added support for running .exe /.bat / .sh files with ‘okay’ prompt.
- Move cursor to screen center when jump to line.
Find / Replace panel
- Totally new Find / Replace panel, docked at the editor bottom.
- Added “Find/Replace in selection” feature.
- Macos: Alt+Cmd+F to show replace.
- Fixed for ‘Super’ keyword.
- Added support for extensions.
- Increased first-char priority. Now when typed ‘ret’ you’ll get first entry ‘Return’, was: ‘glRetroSeq’, ‘glRetroMode’
- Now ‘Self’ inside of extensions shows us public and protected members of its related class.
- Now show static-members-only inside of functions.
- Now show members from ‘monkey..’ namespace even if it didn’t explicitly included. So meet Min / Max / Assert / etc members in completion!
- Completion by Tab – now do replace (was insert) whole ident under cursor.
- Improved usings-filter. Now it filters mojo3d and any mojoXXX namespaces if we are using just a ‘mojo’.
Main Window / Other
- Fixed auto-show popup sub-menus. Now menus behaviour is the same as any desktop app (I hope).
- Improved opening new document – now, just-opened doc’s tab is visible!
- Now saving opened ‘dirty’ files for current built project only.
- Bananas showcase is on! Parse data from monkey2 bananas folder.
- Draggable tabs – now you can re-arrange tabs as you like!
- Update modules dialog – assigned Enter and Escape hotkeys.
- Added store/restore cursor position (and selection) in state.json for opened textual docs.
- Combined Help & Docs tabs.
- New shortcut Ctrl+F1 – for search in docs.
- Menus and hints now fitted into window bounds.
- Show hints by timer – not immediately.
- Fixed crash on app closing if you close it quickly after start (long living bug).
- If you didn’t try chat right inside of IDE – do it. Open ‘Chat’ tab and connect to server.
- Escape – show/hide bottom dock.
- Shift+Escape – show/hide left & right docks.
- Type shortly ‘v2’ to see vec2(i,f) in completion (or v2i).
- Type shortly ‘eni’ to see Endif, and ‘eli’ to see ‘Elseif’.
- Case-sensitive search works faster (useful for find in folder).
- Use DebugStop() function to pause execution and dive into debugger (work in debug mode).
- Use ; semicolon and ‘else’ to write a few expressions on a single line:
- If a>5 Print “ok” ; ProcessNumber( a ) Else Print “fail”
- Customize you own code templetes for fast coding: Preferencess — CodeTemplates tab.￼
- Thanks to all who supported me (and going to) via donation!
Totally new Find / Replace panel, docked at the editor bottom.
Draggable tabs: now you can re-arrange tabs as you like.
Docs & Help tabs now combined into single Docs tab. Read the doc pages and search in one place.
Tip: You can hide / show tabs docks by shortcuts:
- Bottom dock – by Escape
- Left & Right docks – by Shift+Escape